Preparations for End-of-Life
Gather ahead of time:
- The will, trust, and social security number
- Computer Passwords (access to computer; emails, etc.)
- Safe Deposit Box Key(s) (bank and/or at home)
- Investments and Financial Contacts
- Automatic Payments for Banks / Credit Cards, etc.
- A list of people, phone numbers, and emails of those to be contacted after the death occurs
- Choice of a Mortuary
- A guardian for the pet(s)
- Information for the obituary
See PDF Form below which you can right-click to print, fill out and file.
If a Military Retiree:
1. Create a Military File that includes:
• DD Form 214
• Retirement orders
• History of assignments
2. Create a Military Retired Pay File that includes:
• Retiree Account Statement
• DD Form 2656
3. Create a Civil Service Retired Pay File that includes:
• CSA ID number
• Form 2801 (CSRS) or 3107 (FERS)
• Statement prepared by OPM
4. Create a Medical Records File that includes:
• Active Duty medical records
• Post Retirement medical records
5. Create a VA File that includes:
• All claims concerning disability
• VA insurance policy number
• Beneficiary name6. Create an Annuities File that includes all beneficiary information.
6. Create an Annuities File that includes all beneficiary information.