With this open membership you may be as active or as inactive as you like. Our email connection keeps women informed when opportunities arise and when activities are scheduled. Please contact the Chair of the Women's Group if you wish to be "in the communication loop."
The following are examples of opportunities within the Women's Group:
- First Saturday Fellowship: on the first Saturday of the month (10:00am until noon) we meet for fellowship and program.
- Day retreats: each year at least one day retreat is offered.
- Good Stuff from Good Samaritan: a cookbook has been developed and is for sale. Contact Susan Betts.
- Fund raising parties: proceeds are for outreach ministries and parish gifts.
- Rachel's Meals ministry: teams of 3-4 women serve dinner to the 35 women in the Rachel's Night Shelter program run by Catholic Charities. Teams serve 4 times per year. Kathleen Ide is the contact person.
- Holiday Adoption: each year we provide for a military family. Contact Jane Davis.
- Tecate Orphanage: financial support is given to a young girl living in Los Amigos de los Ninos. Contact Kathleen Ide.
Many women of Good Samaritan devote their time and talents to making a difference for others. We sincerely welcome you to come join us!
If you have any questions, please contact the Chair of the Women's Group.
Chair: Sally Anderson
Vice Pres.: Joanie Sedgmore
Treasurer: Sally Miller
Secretary: Germaine Bergeron-Lynn
||Women's Group Annual Meeting & Brunch
||Food Packing @ CCSA
||GS Lenten Quite Day
||WG Planning Mtg for 2014 Calendar
||Outdoor Outing - Old Town Heritage Tour
||CCSA Hunger Walk at DeAnza Cove
||Bishop's Visit w/Confirmation
||Mini Health Symposium
||Fri PM - Sun AM
||Collecting School Supplies for CCSA
||9:00am - 11:00am||Food Packing @ CCSA|
||TBD||WG Summer Breakfast
||9:00am - 11:00am||Organizing school supplies for packing
||11:00am - noon
||Packing school supplies for CCSA
||Food Packing @ CCSA
||Fri - Sun
||Women's Group Fall Retreat|
||Elf Program Armed Services YMCA Collect Gifts
||Race for the Cure Balboa Park
|Dec. 7||9:00am- 11:00am||Food Packing @ CCSA|
||6:30pm - 8:00pm
||Third Annual Cookie Exchange
|Jan. 5, 2014
||11:00am-1:00pm||Women's Group Annual Meeting & Brunch
Book study: "An Altar in the World" by Barbara Taylor.
Contact Diana Davis if you are interested.